5 Weeks Pregnant
Baby this Week
- The first body segments appear, which will eventually form the primitive spine, brain and spinal cord.
How Big is Baby?
(Measured from crown to rump)
Baby weighs <0oz (0 grams)
Images of Baby at 5 Weeks
- Breasts may feel tender.
- You may be experiencing some morning sickness.
- Morning sickness occurs because increased hormone activity slows down your digestive system, apparently to enhance the absorption of nutrients for your baby.
- The placenta grows to cover one-fifteenth of the uterine interior.
Pregnancy To Do's
- Eat a few crackers before getting up in the morning.
- Frequent, small, low-fat meals during the day should also help if you are feeling any nausea.